Denny DeMarchi is Dolores O'Riordan's keyboardist and second guitars. Dolores is well-known as vocalist of the famous Irish band, The Cranberries. In 2007, the singer began her solo career and released the album Are You Listening?. Now she's working in her new project, No Baggage, which DeMarchi participates.

The O'Riordan's band member wanted to start his own music career: Rockizoid. This Canadian talks about that and many more things in the next interview:

- How did your music passion begin?
- It all began with my father, sitting me on top of the grand piano and facing him when I was very young, maybe 1 or 2 years. My feet would dangle down, almost touching the keys, and my father would entertain me, playing his songs.

- Why did you choose the music and no other thing?
- I had no choice. It took me over. But I've had other jobs, too.

- Do you like reading, painting or writing?
- I do enjoy reading, usually magazines, and the Internet. I don't read fiction at all. I definitely spend a lot of time writing songs. That is probably my favourite thing to do. Painting is something I have not tried, but I might do that when I'm older if I can still see.

- Are there musicians in your family? Who?
- Yes, my brother, Steve DeMarchi, is a musician. He has played in Alias, Sheriff, The Cranberries and Dolores O'Riordan. My sister also plays piano and my mother always sings in the house.

- Is it hard to be a musician?
- Being a musician is both easy and hard. I can't think of a more natural way to spend the day, working on music and playing. I make music for the love of it. It's what I love to do. I don't think of it as a job.

- How did you become in Dolores O'Riordan's band member?
- My brother, Steve, introduced me to Dolores.

- When and why did you want to start a solo career?
- I have been very creative with music my whole life. I worked with a few bands over the years, but most of my inspiration hits me when I'm alone. It was never a conscious decision to "go solo". I really enjoy playing with others and the Rockizoid project does have other players on it. Now that I have my own recording studio, it's going to be very easy to continue recording.

- What's the meaning of 'Rockizoid'?
- A few years back, I was trying to think of a name for an email address. Rockizoid came to mind immediately. The name just stuck with me ever since.

- Which is your inspiration when you have to compose a song?
- It really varies depending on the song. Sometimes, it's a lyrical concept or a feeling/experience that motivates me to express it further. But, usually, the music comes first. It's like a radio playing in my head, but the music being played has never been recorded. I also like new things to play on the guitar or keyboard. It comes very naturally for me and the inspiration takes control of my mind.

- What do you hope of the future?
- My hope is for a Rockizoid tour. My other hope is for the world to find peace.

[You can listen "Weaken me" by Denny DeMarchi here ;)]



3 corcheas:

Anónimo dijo...

Ya, aparte de que el loco sea famosísimo y delicioso, lo que más me gustó fue que subieras la entrevista en inglés, tal como, me imagino, la realizaste. Esa originalidad y fidelidad es la que se agradece, sobre todo cuando uno no es muy amigo de las traducciones al español que se hacen, por ejemplo, de las series gringas transmitidas por Mega los día domingo a la hora del té.

Por otro lado, en lo personal pienso que te has pasado de aperrada con tus reporteos para este curso. Siento que por fin alguien le está sacando provecho a la carrera, ya sea como vía para acceder a cosas nuevas o como herramienta para ahondar en lo que a uno más le gusta, que, en tu caso, parece que algo tiene que ver con la música, según tengo entendido (:B).

¿Quién diría que alguna vez pensaste en desertar y dejarlo todo a la deriva con tal de irte a estudiar psicología? Da igual, lo bueno es que te quedaste. Y que, gracias a gente como tú, las nuevas generaciones del periodismo no serán tan menoscabadas o miradas con recelo.

Mi gratitud y total admiración para você.

Gustavo Rojo Barros dijo...

Bery gud!

cranfandy dijo...

Me encantó la entrevista, te felicito.
Además la música de Denny es genial!
Salu2,
Andrea

Publicar un comentario